Saturday, November 6, 2010

You Think You Run My Show?

This post could go anywhere so I'm going to let it take us there...

Perhaps I arrived over confident,
Or perhaps you saw a chance,
A chance to make and mold me,
A puppet to do your dance.

I followed your lead with pleasure,
An observer to say the least,
And then the truth comes falling,
At last up on my feet.

My intuition valid,
Which matters not to me,
For in my communication,
I spoke who I wanted to be.

But the skills,
You do not have them,
"Um, did you read my resume Sir?
For in there you'll see
That skills are indeed
Why won't you put me to work?"

You have to be perfect,
You've been out for five years.

"Ya, and what's your point?"

In my head I was screaming,
Just let me get out
And blow this popsicle joint!

"I'm sorry I argued, but let me be clear,
There was no mention of specifics to work here.
Had I known from the start,
I'd be playing that part,
I'd have walked right on by without fear."

And now it shines clearly,
My light through the haze,
A position I've taken
To pass through the days.
And then what awaits me
Tonight as I leave
We'll put you to work,
Can you do it with ease?

In my head starts the screaming
You asshole you prick
If I were a psycho
I'd carry a stick!

A day ago you told me
I did not have the skills
And NOW you think I'm ready????
Are you on pills?!

There's no way I'm going out there
To partake in your little quiz
I'm happy to be an observer
I've caught on to your little biz.

Earn my trust?
Try me.
I'm a hard one to please
Especially when you talk to me
With such little integrity.

I'm still remaining open
To what is to unfold.
I know my future is solid
Where yours is still untold.

You think you run my show now?
Well I beg you to think again.
This brave girl here, there's no stopping.
If you earn her trust, you're in.

And perhaps you want to continue,
To play this little game.
Unfortunate for you your style
Of playing games is lame.

I see right through your story,
Your fake and phony laughs,
Try to be authentic.
Perhaps then you'd change your staff.

Ummm.....so I'm a little more than frustrated with my part time job. :)

No comments: