Friday, November 5, 2010

It's Been Renamed 'The Past'

Some people have come into my life for... 'a reason, a season, a lifetime'. And I am very familiar with this saying and I do believe in it's validity for I've experienced it.

I have, at times, become confused with whether some people were to be around for reasons, or seasons; seasons or lifetimes and it really matters very little. I learned a brilliant lesson from a tree today. As I leaned up against its trunk, I felt the need to put my arms out to my sides, slightly bent, like branches with my palms facing up. In my head I heard "You are always open to receiving. When you receive something that serves you, absorb it, allow it to become a part of you and help you grow. When it doesn't serve you, turn your palm over and say 'goodbye' with a smile and allow whatever is next for you to enter your palm."

Someone who entered my life a while ago I decided to rename "The Past" and when I looked at that name instead of their name it became crystal clear in my mind, what was clear in my heart all along. "Why are you holding onto the past? Time to let them go." And with the click of a mouse, 'goodbye'.

To some that may seem calous and rude, and that's fine. I honour that you would choose otherwise. With others I have chosen otherwise. I still love them unconditonally and they will always be a part of my journey. Perhaps they will re-enter my life again for another reason or season and that would be wonderful to see how far we've come. Until then...I let go and make room for more life, my love and more joy.

Keep creating. :)

No comments: