Sunday, November 14, 2010

What Dreams May Come

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you wake up and you're still not quite out of it? You're still sort of feeling the emotions of it even though you know it's only a dream?

Well if not then you're gonna hear about it anyways! :)

My dream the other night was quite wild. Normally I wouldn't feel compelled to share my dreams to everyone, but when I woke up I immediately felt that it needed to be shared. Perhaps it was the fact that John Lennon was in my dream (! YES !) or maybe because I woke up with the emotions from the me in my dream. I do know though, that my dream is a message I need help decoding or whatever. Or I could give it a title, like John Kehoe says to do in Mind Power, in which case it would be, "Holy Shit I Dated John Lennon"

To my recollection, it begins with me in a retail store, a wall of shoes that I keep fixing and organizing, heels, glittery, flats and flip flops. Then I see myself walking towards the cash and reading my own mind of "I'm so done here." So I turn around, walk past all the shoes and I enter this display area of sorts and I'm looking at a giant (the largest) Apple desktop with a collage of photos on it. Not photos of me, photos of my ex-boyfriends in their youth, with their friends, at parties, etc. One in particular, and even writing about it, I'm feeling it in my heart, a sadness. I move on from there and see pictures of my family, of my family at our cottage, just as they are on our cottage wall and then I'm suddenly in a record/bookstore of sorts. Wood panelling, musty and in a corner FILLED with Beatles pictures (which makes me happy!) and I'm IN the photos. My 'now' mind loves this, I'm hanging with the Beatles. And as I move on from those photos I see a young guy looking identical to John Lennon before he died (long hair, round sun glasses). He walks past me and smiles and as I pass him, I knock over all the books on the table behind me. And of course my alarm goes off.

And then, of course, today in Starbucks, I'm flipping through thier little collection of CDs which is usally all the same, but there was a John Lennon tribute CD in there. So as of late, I'm being inudated with John Lennon; Shane Koyczan's This Is My Voice Speech.

'Imagine if we could still hear John Lennon play!'
Maybe I did date John Lennon in a previous life when I wasn't Kelly and he wasn't John, but then again we've always been Kelly and John because the reality is that in dreams, just as in life, it's all happening now; the past, the present and the future. Our perceptions of limits of time and space keep us grounded here on earth, but what really counts is that we understand that we are earth, that dreams really can come true or already have, in which case I'm really starting to get curious about that post board with ex-boyfriends...lol.
As 'time' passes by
and I sit with my wine
My mind gets so quiet
It's no longer a riot
And John Lennon or not
I'm always this hot
With the words on my mind
They unravel from bind
Into dreams made real
Into words that heal
The heart and the soul
We can never grow old
And with a nod and a smile
I walk down the aisle
To a warm comfy bed
For the night, I rest my head.

No comments: