Thursday, December 9, 2010

On the 4th Day of Yoga My True Love Sent To Me

Feeling free and clear,
Tree trunk thighs,
Self love on the mat,
And a practice that's made me smile!

Esme...no nickname...was beautiful and calm and peaceful and compassionate and I had a brilliant practice. I didn't have to 'bring' any Warrior for the day. It was a great reminder to live in my Wizard and only use the Warrior when it is required. And to be quite honest, there were times in my practice last night where a bit of Warrior was required and overall, it was the Wizard in me that intended to simply 'feel the flow' that got me through the practice.

I'm convinced that the heat was a few degrees cooler and she went easy on us, but that may be only because I've had Long Braids Big Smile pushing me for 2 days. Yesterday was the first day I felt like I left everything on the mat. All the crap from the day, from my previous practices, I just left it all there because that's where it belongs. There is no need for me to carry anything extra around...and that's a bit how I feel. Empty, in a good sense. I feel hollowed out, like the only energy I can feel in my body is this encasement. It's the coolest and most bizzarre feeling. I mean, I AM energy, we all are. We're made of matter, which is energy... but this is cool, this is different, this is liberating and expansive.

As tired as I am this morning, and for whatever reason, everyone of us in this house is extremely tired this morning, I am going to do my very best to make it to another class today.

I was hesitant to committ to going to do this daily because, in all honesty, I wasn't sure if I could do it EVERY day in the heat and I was concerned about being properly nourished and rested and I've realized that as long as I'm listening and heeding to the guidance I'm fine! My body is happy doing this, my mind has other opinions. I trust my body and it's needs. I trust that it wants a giant glass of OJ in the mornings and bananas instead of Rice Krispies or nice warm oatmeal and I trust that my body wants larger lunches and smaller dinners at the moment. I'm so happy that I'm doing this because I am learning about my body instead of running it on a schedule that fits in with work breaks or days off or 'snack times'. It's a wonderful thing to spend time with your body and to learn to listen to it, to learn to love it and to learn to tap into it's power and knowledge.

No comments: