Sunday, December 5, 2010

Crash Course in Kelly

This past weekend I was working in Toronto in my new position on the Excel Team with Peak Potentials. This position came about in the perfect manner for me...slowly, with appeal and lots of honesty. I will say I did have to practice a hell of a lot of patience with the confirmation of things, which to my surprise came fairly easily, once I caught myself creating my own dramas.

I was pretty nervous to be working the event as it was my first time ever being trained specifically as a Sales Manager (I'm not even sure that's the term we use...lol) Anyhow, my point is that this position would never have even been within the scope of my radar two years ago because my radar was trained only to look for jobs in the fields I thought were a fit for me. Regardless of that, between then and now I obviously opened my eyes to new opportunities and brought my vibration in alignment more with who I am and what I am meant to be doing here.

It was an interesting weekend for me as I transitioned from Karma Krew to Excel Team. As Karma Krew, I became highly attuned to the logistical side of events; all the little details of whens, wheres and how of things that needed to be done. As Excel Team I had to entirely detach from that process and focus on learning my new role. After set-up day I was burnt out and I attribute most of that to my resistance towards the transition between the two and constantly having to tell myself "That is not my job today."

To some that may seem irresponsible, but look at it this way. We all work together as a team and when there are things that need to be taken care of, the proper people are notified and they are taken care of. How am I serving myself and others if I am constantly doing their job and neglecting my own? Good question to ask yourelf as well....cuz I know this happens outside of my experience as well. It's one thing to tell someone they're about to get hit by the bus if they don't move, and an entirely different thing if you say nothing and throw them under it...

After a night's sleep (not particularly good. lol) we showed up for the event. The second I got there and saw everything about to begin, I was home. I knew what to do, who to be and what I wanted to see. Talk about confirmation of being on purpose. I still had a lot of learning to do because I was coming from an entirely new perspective and I feel that by the last day I was the most comfortable with myself and my new position. I felt it took far longer for ME to appear in the midst of all the new information being downloaded into my being and yet somewhere in it all, I was still there, the participants still saw me and I was able to shine like the star that I am...with training I know the skills will come more naturally and my authentic self will take over and I look forward to that day when it all just happens naturally, all the time.

Perhaps I can change that story now. It's always natural and authentic and the skills blend easily into my being. The benefits of everything being energy and everything being connected. Everything already is as we see it...

No comments: