Friday, October 29, 2010

The Art of Creation

"Everything you see has been created twice...once in the mind as a thought and then once in the physical." I believe I heard this on a Steven Covey audio file I listened to not long ago.

It's been a fascinating few weeks. A lot of shifting in my energy and a lot of shifting outside of me. I see the world as I am, therefore I see it change as I change! Among the odd things that have happened this week, I have run into two people I went to highschool with in Vancouver and one person I went to University with wandering through a mall. Now, get this! I've actually sat down and created a plan for myself! HA! I know! Miss wanderer has wandered down a path that resembles some sort of direction.

I'm looking at it this way. I'm putting the train on the tracks. Wherever the tracks lead, I don't particularly care so long as I can stop at the stops I want, which are my goals. Yes I said goals...

Most of my current goals are very specific, as are the plans to achieve them, others are ideas I have to research and sort out in order to create a specific plan. I'm actually using a calendar/agenda and creating weekly tasks and monthly goals of what I want to accomplish. And what I am finding is that I have way more time than I am aware of, tasks take far less time than I anticipate and it's open to change as I change!

I know that I've heard this before, but until now I really hadn't felt a desire or need to implement it and now that I have begun to do it, I'm excited. I'm realistic about what I want deep down and that's where I'm going to start. The foundational stuff- or what I consider the foundational stuff and add to it from there! YAY!

Kinda like all areas of life. Build the foundation, make it solid and build up and onwards from there! At least if the entire house falls down, the foundation will till remain provided it's solid.

Kind of a quiet and practical post, I know, but sometimes we just need quiet and practical kinds of things :)

No comments: