Friday, October 22, 2010

The Sacred GPS

So... phone calls from the Universe that perhaps we're not answering, and call waiting beeps we're not acknowledging...well, maybe we don't have the new i-tuition 4 jut yet, but regardless of what the generation we do have an internal GPS and the fascinating thing about this GPS is that even when we choose to ignore it, it stops and recalculates our journey to get us back on track...whatever that track may be.


What I'd like to do with this renewed thirst for travel is travel the world to as many sacred sites as is possible and meet with spiritual leaders and native or aboriginal elders of various countries and, well after that I'm not entirely sure what the plan is. Getting that far is plan enough at the moment.

As I was checking out a book on Sacred Sites, I looked into Oceana to see if I had, perhaps, run across some while I was in Australia and New Zealand. Let me paint a brief but descript picture for you here. When I went to Australia the word Sacred, to me, meant Jesus Christ, all his superstars and the Bible. It was an idea tied deeply into religion and very superficial at the time. Boy have I shifted; thanks to, what I believe anyway, Australia and New Zealand.

Anyhow, back to the GPS. Having this renewed thirst and beginning to do some more research, I've found that in actuality my internal GPS has been guiding me to these places since I began to travel. My first inclination to explore sacred sites was in Cancun, Mexico. Instead of visiting Tulum though, I sunbathed. At the time I figured Mexico wasn't that far away, I could come back if I REALLY wanted to do it. After that the next big one would have to be Australia; Uluru and Kata Tjuta (aka Ayer's Rock and the Olgas).

When I booked that tour I had NO idea what it was going to be about. All I knew, in every cell of my being, was that I could not leave Australia without seeing that rock. I entertained all sorts of ideas about making it back some other time when I had more money and I just couldn't. I had to get there so I did. I knew at the time and I most definitely know now that tour opened up a channel within me, shifted me into a more open consciousness and set me on a new journey. You should see my journal entries from that trip! I may as well have quoted the guide word for word. Diagrams and everything! I didn't want to forget a single thing about that tour. To connect back to the Sacred journey as well, the word Sacred on this trip was used to describe specific areas within Uluru and Kata Tjuta where the public was not allowed to go, or they were gender specific where 'Women's Things' or 'Men's Things' were done. So my understanding was that within an entire site there are sacred spaces, which is true, and also an understatement.


And then of course the Great Barrier Reef is magestic and although it is not labelled as Sacred, damn, it is to me. But what caught my attention and made me laugh out loud in the bookstore was one of the Sacred Sites that appeared in New Zealand. Mt. Cook or Aoraki as the Maori call it. Little did I know that this beautiful mountain with a glacier was Sacred when we decided to park our van at its base and camp out for a night! And this site was totally my call, my stubborn intuition saying, "Let's just go down that dirt road and see where it takes us!" A beautiful clear night under the stars and enthralled waking up in the middle of the night to a glowing glacier through the front window. Even thinking about it puts me into a stuppor of awe and humbleness.




I didn't do much further research on the Oceana Sacred Sites after this because I was overcome with giddy joy and laughter at how brilliantly the Universe has been guiding me and taking me to places with such depth that brought me sheer joy and authenticity of being! (In case that wasn't obvious in the picture) And what I thought might have been delerium and being overtired, in hindsight, was me feeling energy, feeling shifting and not understanding its source, not understanding it's power and purpose and not understanding how to ground and harness it! lol.

In reality, everything we touch, see, smell, feel is Sacred. Everywhere you step or sit or lay is Sacred becase you are Sacred as a human being. Our magnificence is as brilliant as each of these geographical/geological locations. We are awed by the beauty that nature provides in such monumental physical states and while our GPS is guiding us to physical/geographic locations all the time it's also leading us to human locations; to our family, to our friends, to our neighbours and our entire race. It's leading us to each and every one of them as a mirror to see each others brilliance and beauty and magnificance just as we do in nature. And no, it's not an app that you can download to your Sacred GPS...it's a part of your basic structure...start using it :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So where are you headed love?