Monday, October 18, 2010

Taking the Call

In our world today we have so many ways of keeping in contact with each other and so few to keep in contact with ourselves. We have call display to see who is calling us and we can screen whether or not we want to take the call. Our emails say who they are from with a subject and we can either click further or hit delete. What about when the Universe is calling us and asking us to show up somewhere? Do we screen those calls? Do we answer or do we hit delete and just hang up?

I can't count how many times I have simply hung up or refused to answer a call from the Universe. You and I both know when the call is for us because it doesn't typically call us looking for someone else. A couple of weeks ago I was reminded of this concept as my Gifts were being called out of me. Before I knew it I was on a plane to LA to volunteer for an event. Everything I needed fell into place instantly and that was when I knew the call was definitely for me.

It was a bit of a full circle moment for me. It was the same course I had taken two years ago where I had a brilliant download of the work that can and will be done with children. It was overwhelming and the ideas I had come up with have been recurring thoughts as of late. It was a reminder of the gift of Teaching that has been bestowed within me. It was also a reminder of the present moment awareness I am capable of having when there is nothing for me to think about other than showing up and being me.

I allowed my experience to be what it was. The part of me that wants to understand and just 'do' it already was itching to get out and yet the stillness within, my Being, was simply telling me to relax and go with the flow.

In the last week I have been opened up, detoxed energetically, put back together and then danced through to some more clarity. Life is life, it is an experience to be enjoyed! If I don't do what I have envisioned for children, that's OK! If it is truly meant for me to do, it will be there when the time is right and when I am in the right space to allow it to unfold. If someone else does it, then certainly there is something else for me to take on. Life and the world is dynamic, abundant and supportive. I figure so long as I am being me, an example of radiance, light and conciousness, then I am being of service to the planet and I am always being prepared for whatever is to show up next. Yes I can always do more, I can always be more and I can always help more people. There is giving of myself and giving up myself. I chose the first...when I do things that make me feel good I can give of myself in vast amounts and in varied ways. I look forward to letting go of my mission and vision knowing that I am always living my mission and my vision will unfold when I am a part of the Present Moment, when I am connected to that oneness and stillness within and when I am fully sharing my gifts in every moment without hesitation.

There's been this call trying to get through. The call waiting has been beeping and although I have been hearing it, I haven't listened to it; I haven't answered it and I've let it ring. I answered it the other day, it left a message. It said, "Do what makes you feel good. Go do the thing that you really want to do. Make that your motivation to get off the couch and get a job, make that your motivation to take responsibility for your finances, make that your motivation to show up every day." And so I have. That desire to travel the world that I set aside three years ago, that ache to see and experience the world's diversity and immerse myself in new and different environments was on the other line. It's been dancing and singing and celebrating my realization of myself and it's ready for me to arrive.

Yay :)

No comments: