Monday, August 9, 2010

With Time and Space

Since I've been home from Wizard I've had what I might describe as 'withdrawl' and it's expressing itself as loneliness. It's fairly common after spending a week in amazing amounts of positive, transformational energy with positive and transformational people! It's also a great opportunity to create positive and transformational space for yourself...as I am realizing.

The disconnect I have been feeling as been with nature, or so I thouuht. It only took me an afternoon to realize that it was now time for me to create the contact and connection I had been missing outside of camp. One would think I would have learned that when I first started taking all these courses... well, lets just say I understood that on a conscious level, but only now am I embodying and integrating that into my life.

So the question was, "What to do now?"
The answer was, "Why DO anything?"
The response to that was, "Ok, what do I want to express, how do I want to express myself?" And the response to that was a whole lot of creativity!

My blog has been sitting here stagnant for quite some time (in my eyes at least) and all of the sudden I revamped it and started writing again. That gets me juiced up about life! I'm creating again! Not only that, but I've also decided to express myself as the comfort I've been wanting so I've watched TV, I've watched like 7 movies, I've eaten ice cream and pizza and more ice cream and just indulging in what I normally wouldn't allow myself to indulge in. I've also gone to the beach, which was difficult for me. For some reason I felt compelled to sit in front of my computer for a few days before I decided that whole connection to nature I'd been wanting was not being fulfilled inside!

It was at the beach today where I realized this whole connecting to nature thing was actually about connecting to me! No watch, no real sense of being anywhere but 'there' and what to do. Sleep, play in the sand, errr, rocks, swim, sleep, read? No... create! I did do all the other things too, but when I allowed myself to connect to Me and create, it was as if time and space did not exist. Well they don't really, but that's another post. So I sat there on the beach the last two days and created and when it was time for me to leave, I just had an urge to pack up and go. This in opposition to the "I think I should go soon" and the "Ok I think it's time to go, I don't know what else I can possibly do out here" that my mind kept throwing at me. So by allowing myself to get out into nature I learned that it's all about connecting to Me. And nature seems to be the conduit that gets me there these days and for that I am greatful as I was able to rock out and revamp some of the Guardian Penants I've been working on for a while.

This week has been a beautiful reminder to embrace the time and space I have as it has allowed me to create some great things. It's good to 'put out' when all I've been doing is 'taking in'. There is an overwhelming sense of stillness and being when creations emerge elegantly and without effort when the time is right and the person is willing.

Here's to an empty house, and open beach and sunny weather :)

Where do you connect?

No comments: