Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wizards and Magic Revived

Almost a year ago today I attended Wizard Training Camp in Ellenville, NY as a participant. My first camp of Peak Potentials and without any prior Enlightened Warrior experience (as most others had). Wizard camp changed my entire being. I became 'Whispering Willow' and realized many truths about myself that would have remained undiscovered; I physically felt different after having attended that camp.

Some believe and others don't, in the spiritual nature of our existence. I do for I have experienced it on many levels. Wizard camp being one of the places I was blessed to have an experience...or many I should say. Over the past year I have grown into something more than what I ever thought I could be. I'm still me, but my thoughts and my actions are greater than I would have ever taken if I didn't have the knowledge I do now.

As I helped set up Wizard camp as a volunteer, last week in Squamish, BC, I had a strangely familiar feeling of 'wow, this is unreal' wash over me. I looked at my good friend Jessica and said, "Two years ago I would never have thought I'd be in Squamish, BC let alone setting up for something called Wizard camp." This has been a common occurrance for me lately as I continue to grow and experience amazing people, places and things beyond my comprehension. The connectedness we all share on this planet is undeniably present and by no accident am I where I am today. I can say I am exactly where I am supposed to be and I am soooooo in my element when I am helping and serving others at these programs and more specifically camps!!!

The synchronicity of it all was unbelievable...so much so it's eerie! I got to tag along with two groups that had some of my dearest friends from Warrior in them, they did the exact same rotation I did when I was at my camp, I got to go through a process with one of my Warrior mates because their group was short a person. It all just fell into place. I was there because of them and they were there because of me. Just as I am here writing for all of you and you are here reading and doing your thing for me.
Maybe you're reading this because you too, have an understanding of something greater, but are not sure how to access it or utilize it. Or maybe you do not believe and my writing is here to challenge your beliefs or lack of beliefs. I don't know what my purpose is in your life until you realize it and understand how my piece of the puzzle fits with yours. Not everything is mean to be understood in this moment, that's why we have a lifetime to experience it.

I set the intention last summer that I was going to volunteer at a Wizard and Warrior camp not knowing where or how it was going to happen and voila, it shows up in even more amazing ways than I can ever imagine. Returning to Wizard camp I realized that I was no longer 'Whispering Willow'. I had outgrown my old Wizard name and into a far more fitting Wizard, 'Whisper in the Breeze'. It's a very fulfilling feeling knowing that things serve you for a period of time, but at any time those things no longer fit, something new is there to replace it; a more fitting version of the old or something entirely different.

My biggest learn from Wizard camp this time around is to stay present and open so that I can be the best me possible for those I am here to serve.

Wow, that's solid...did I just write that?

That is what I am talking about! The deeper understanding of purpose and connection to spirit and each other. My inner Wizard is nodding in agreement and at the same time telling me, "There is much more for us all to learn, you've only just begun the journey. Stay open and present and watch what you are capable of."

And with that... So Be It.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! WOW! I enjoyed reading your shares and insights on your experiences. It reminds me of my lessons from Wizard camp. A couple of statements you wrote really struck me. As a recovering analytical...I sometimes analyze my experience and spend lots of time in my thoughts. Your statement, "Not everything is mean to be understood in this moment, that's why we have a lifetime to experience it.!" Mmmmmm.... Breathe! WOW! Thank you for your gifts! -xo