Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Little Direction Please?

It's been a month since I decided to leave my position at the Chiropractic Clinic. The plan was to go out to Colorado and possibly move there, but now knowing when my intuition is speaking to me, there was a lot of hesitancy. I did my acting and attracting, but something just wasn't sitting right with me. Then came the long awaited weekend at Life Directions Intensive! Boy did I need that!

When I look back at how I created all of this it goes all the way back to my 4th year of university, sitting on my floor and saying, "I'd really like to help change the world." Then I had so much on my plate I never thought anything about until I was in New Zealand and 4 of the 26 kids in my class had any aspiration to become something other than a factory worker. Half of them didn't realize that they could even become anything! And the voice in my head said to me, "You've got to do something, not enough is being done to show these kids their potential!" And so it began. It started off as culture shock coming home from Australia and itching to be anywhere but here, then it was complete confusion, frustration, anger with myself and my relationships. I freed myself, I did the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life...I followed my heart and ended a 3 year relationship. After a day of crying I woke up expecting the tears and found only clarity. It was so clear! It was like having new eyes, new ears and a new purpose for being and then I began my quest for knowledge and my journey with Peak Potentials. It was at the very first course I knew I was going to be doing major changes with kids and youth on the planet.

I just re-read all of my posts from the beginning because it's been an interesting journey and I know that my thoughts and perspectives have changed. What was really interesting watching myself grapple with the lessons I was learning. Twisting them, making bold committments, asking lots of questions. I was trying to piece together the puzzle so it would finally make sense. And it does because in that moment that was who I was and what I was thinking. The part I was missing was that it doesn't always have to make sense. Just because you're putting together the puzzle doesn't mean it has to get done today! It's a work in progress, life is a work in progress, when you find more pieces sometimes it takes a while before you figure out where it goes.

Life Directions was a BIG piece of my puzzle. How was I supposed to combine all of my passions and live my vision. It was all such a hurricane for me. Teach, travel, write, not have a J.O.B., become financially free, work with youth??? Until you see it, you can't imagine how the hell any of it will work!!!! Had I taken LD prior to all the other courses, I wouldn't be as on track as I am right now. That's how I work, I need all the info up front, or enough to get me going so that when I see the window of opportunity I'm ready to jump fast! Well, I'm ready to jump now!

At LD I discovered or maybe I should say confirmed that my mission in this lifetime is to teach youth to live in their higher selves. What is interesting is that no matter how on or off purpose you think you are, you are always living your mission. It is your soul. If you feel like you're off purpose then you're just learning what you need to learn before you realize why you needed to learn that! Your purpose for being on this earth is to add value to other people's lives, to help them in some way (art, writing, music, building, being a free spirit). The challenges you have overcome in your life give an indication as to who you can help, how you can help and why you want to help. Usually you want to help because you don't want anyone to have to go through what you went through! So there's your mission and then there's your vision. Your vision is your vehicle to live your mission. It's the HOW to live your mission.

My mission was clear, but my vision was fuzzy. I had a general idea, but my intuition was telling me that something was missing. One of the coaches at the event helped me considerably in this regard. He said, "You know your mission, that will not change, but for your vision, what is it that you feel 'called' to do right now?". And so I sat with that on Tuesday morning after the course and immediately, no hesitation came travel and write. It fit perfectly into my sister's vision of travelling and learning more about healing arts so we do it together! We're going on a road trip across North America to see people, sites and gather information for our 3-5 year vision! We will have a blog showing exactly where we are, what we're up to and what we're learning and I intend to keep this one rolling as much as possible too!

My question is to you- What is your direction? Which way will you go when you are at a crossroads?

The heart has no questions....only answers.

No comments: