Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Finally Wrote a Story!!!!!!

I have had many experiences where it seems that time slows down and you are acutely aware of everything going on around you. Last April was one of those times. My dad and I were headed into a course called Train the Trainer and along the hall this man is walking along side us and introduces himself as Dennis. I had NO idea who this guy was, for all I knew, he was attending the course with us, but I can say that I will never forget that moment. For whatever reason it was as if time stood still. I can remember shaking his hand, seeing his rolly carry-on bag, noticing how kind his eyes and smile were and then time clicked back into play.

After the course he was giving away bracelets that his daughter had made. To some this would seem silly, but if you had heard about Lauren, you would realize that these bracelets were more than just accessories. To this day I believe that I recieved the exact bracelet I did, with the colours that were on it for very specific reasons. Lauren is a 10 year old girl who was diagnosed with a tumor at a very young age which has resulted in blindness. She is also a very gifted young lady having created magnificent bracelets and practically creating her own business out of it!

I don't know Lauren personally, but I do know that after recieving that bracelet I was inspired to begin writing. After the course I checked out her website and wrote in her guestbook about meeting her dad and recieving her bracelet and that it had inspired me to write. I believe I said I was going to write a children's book and she would get the first copy. Well, there were so many times I would sit down to write and nothing would happen. For a while I just let it be and focused on other things.

There are some things that you let be and you forget about them, but this just kept popping into my mind like when your dog wants to play, but you're not in the mood. Finally, tonight, for whatever reason I sat and wrote! I didn't write a children's book, although it could be if I really wanted it to be. I wrote a story!

The Wizard and the Warrior; Attraction and action. It would like to do something with this story, but right now I'm celebrating because I have finally fulfilled a promise, not only to myself, but to Lauren and the Universe!

Call me silly, but I truly do believe that my orange and yellow bracelet was truly meant for me and only me on the weekend I reclaimed the sunshine back into my being. GOOD DAY SUNSHINE!!!! Yesssss!!! Thank you Dennis, for you cannot know how truly grateful I am for the little, yet monumental things you have helped me to see.

Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some interesting posts Kelly. Would you mind sharing your reading materials with me? I'm very curious about all these training and such courses you've taken or talked about...

Kelly said...

Hi bizarrelyneutral,
Thank you for your interest in my blog! My reading list is fairly extensive as I can't seem to put a book down, but the one book that sparked this entire blog was Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T.Harv Eker. The link takes you right to his sight.

http://www.millionairemind.com/a/?wid=628913&page=/preview/replay

The training company is called Peak Potentials Training. I just returned from a course called Life Directions which I will soon post about as well.