Friday, December 5, 2008

Action and Attraction

This was originally a note on Facebook, but it deserves to be posted on here too.

I've been doing a heck of a lot of courses this year. All of them have been about improving my current situation and lifestyle whether it's been financially, with relationships, confidence and inner power, health, you name it, I've likely done some work on it. One of the underlying principles of the courses is The Law of Attraction. In it's simple terms the Law of Attraction means that everything you have now has been attracted into your life by way of your thoughts (subconscious and conscious), feelings and emotions and actions. Everything in your life is a result of those three factors. In my personal experience, this has played out in my financial life, my relationships, the kinds of people I was attracting into my life, my health and my success.

When I first watched The Secret I was like 'sweet I just create a vision board and imagine I've already got it and it will magically appear'...Well somethings appear easier than others. They didn't appear because I was simply putting attention on them, they appeared quicker because I was already taking action towards them! These were simple things like trying a different kind of yoga and going skydiving, eating healthy. They were all things I wanted and because I was already focused on them and acting towards them they appeared very quickly.Now things that have taken a little more time have taken more time because when I first put it out there, those were the things I wanted, but I had no idea how to get them. With time, opportunities have come along or people have 'coincidentally...i think not' appeared in my life that have led me to get those things I wanted.

1st example. I was unemployed all year and towards the end of the summer I felt the urge to get a job so any opportunity that came along I acted on it. Then sure enough as I was thinking to myself "I think I'd like a job where I could get excited about helping people do something for themselves" I got a call for a job at the Chiropractic Clinic I'm working at now. I also knew I needed a place that would allow me to continue to attend the courses at my will...and guess what....this place did! Absolutely Perfect!

2nd. Hadn't played volleyball in months and was looking to get back into it so I put it on my vision board and 2 weeks later i got a call from a friend who needed an extra player for the season. Now I'm playing volleyball again.

3rd. I've been expanding my network of friends and connections for financial purposes in my life for approx 5 weeks and I have manifested at least 5 people who will directly be able to assist me with those ventures in the last 2 weeks! If I hadn't stopped and taken the time to talk to them and ACT on that I would have never known they were exactly who I needed!Now here's the catch, just because you have it doesn't mean you stop acting on it. You've got to keep the momentum going otherwise it all diappears,unless of course, that's what you want it to do.

This is the fun part. Finding the 'Mr or Mrs Right'. I'm no expert in this field by any means, but I know what has worked for me. I created a list of exactly what I'm looking for in a man and when I see it I appreciate it just so that the Universe knows it's on the right track. The men (of all ages) that I've been attracing into my life since writing that list are unbelievable. They are the men you thought never existed on the planet! Do I act on every one I come across....no. But when I find one that really sparks an interest....heck yes!!!! I don't care how friggin scared I am to go and talk to them, I take action do it anyway...then I attract a result and understand what it really is or isn't. They may not be Mr Right for the rest of my life, but I'll never know if I don't check it out, they may be Mr. Right Now. It's really about living in the moment, seeing an opportunity and exploring it. Whatever the result, it doesn't matter, at least you know what you're not missing.

The most common reasons for not doing things are fear, not wanting to, not feeling like it, being tired. None of these are physical barriers (well maybe the tired, but there's a difference between tired and lazy!) they are all mental barriers...barriers you can break through! At Enlightened Warrior Training Camp I learned some valuable principles. To act inspite of fear, to act inspite of my mood and to never give up. People think that's a lot of work to get what you want. Well it's not going to magically appear in your stocking this xmas without acting towards it. Without action there is no attraction.

No comments: