Monday, June 2, 2008

Dreams of a Millionaire

When we were kids, we all said "I want to be RICH when I grow up!" I know I did because I was tired of always hearing "We can't afford that." I was going to make sure I could afford anything and everything I desired. Somewhere down the line we stopped really wanting that...is it because the downers in our life told us to get real; is it because society promotes steady paychecks and dead end jobs; or is it because we really didn't know any better and forgot about that deepest desire to live a life of freedom?

Well, I know my desire to become rich has been re-ignited because I can see the possibility of endless riches for doing what I love. Isn't that perfect, doing something you love and making heaps of money with it? Sounds easy enough and it is SIMPLE, not easy. It takes hard work and lots of brain power to turn it something great for you and your family to have forever...that legacy.

But why have people put rich people on the naughty list? Why do people squawk at me when I talk about learning to earn more money (not even mentioning millions)? Why, in a time of crisis, a time of recession is everyone in denial about how far their money will truly go? And they say that I've been brainwashed...ya brainwashed to see the opportunities to make money while you scoff and turn your head as if you were the one with all the knowledge in the world and nothing to show for it! I guess the saying is right, 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer'. It's not a matter of taxes, paychecks, lifestyle, it's all in the mindset of the money maker. Rich people know how to make money from nothing and poor people know how to not make money. (I use rich and poor to make a point, the mentality of rich people is just different)

So what do I do? Do I continue to engage in toxic conversations and debate the financial consciousness of our world? Do I forget the past and it's people and move forward to make new, more productive relationships with the more financially conscious? To be honest, it's about more than the money. It's about my health, my sanity, my success, my ability to grow. How long can one hold onto the grips of the past before it just drags them back into the gutters so many call 'just the way of life'. What will happen to my life as I know it now? Will my friends still be my friends when I have climbed to the peak of my success? How many bridges will I have burned along the way? The mind loves the comfort, while the heart yearns for change, for adventure, for a new world. Is it my ultimate goal to have friends and live 'the way of life' or is my ultimate goal to be the biggest success I can be, bring in the riches of love, life, money, health and happiness all while doing what I love to do?

I realize that people fear their own greatness, but it's that fear that will continue to bring them whatever it is that they are not happy with now. To my success and your success! May your heart guide you in the direction of purpose, passion and fulfillment. This world is ours for the taking, it's ours to change for the better and it's ours to reap the benefits, riches and happiness!

No comments: