Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Airport Adventures!

Well, after another amazing, life changing week spent with Peak Potentials and all their amazing students...I might say my new family, I have really taken a new perspective on my role on this planet.

These courses allow me to spend a lot of time in airports and I can't help but observe the many people that are lifelessly breathing. I like to call them the 'living dead'. So as part of an assignment, more a 'pay it forward' than anything, I have decided to revolutionize the way I travel.

It began on my return from Los Angeles in LAX. A young guy in his twenties was walking by with his carry on, hiding under his hood with the typical straight faced stoic look that so many people have at the airport. Well, thinking he was a good looking lad and that I'd probably not run into him again, he ended up in front of me in the security line. After an attempt to politely ask a question to a security guard he was answered with a short, curt remark rather than anything of relevance to what he asked. Of course I laughed...typical TSA.

So I commented, "Gee that was a pleasant answer." and he replied "Ya I love airports...everyone is just so happy." The smile came as did the energy and excitement that someone had talked to him. We had a bit in common! I had found a live one! So after starting a bit of a ruckus in security, snickering jokes back and forth and getting the TSA people to shoot us questioning stares we got out and headed to the duty free. I just want to add in the black gentleman who always happens to be at security when I am there. He actually yells at passengers before they walk through the metal detector!!! I'm really not sure what it accomplishes other than makes him look like an a$$, but hey, different strokes for different folks. Anyhow, why I was following him I am not sure, but he was fun, smiley and had about as much time as I did to kill before his flight.

He bought cologne, after I decided which kind would smell the best on him. We chatted up until the final boarding call for my flight and I left him with a handshake and a smile as well as a mission to wake the living dead in the airports he was going to be in. I was off to Detroit and he back to New Zealand. I cannot wait to fly again for I really never know who I might awaken!!! What fun!

No comments: