Monday, May 31, 2010

Coming Up For Air

It's funny that my last post was about soaring above and having vision, while this one is more about being submerged and coming up for air. To go up, must one first be down and to get down, one must first be up....

I suppose there are some people who can relate to this part of life's cycles; of feeling as though you've been submerged in life so thoroughly that you only realize it when you've reached the surface and come up for air. And in my case it hasn't neccessarily been an easy submersion, although easy and hard are only perceptions; it's been one of deep remembering, deep growth and deep feeling.

1. I had no idea I had so much love to give one person.
2. I had no idea how much love and acts of love I am able to receive.
3. I had no idea that I actually did know all of this and that I simply needed a reminder.

Being submerged, so to speak, was a cycle of great expansion for me in that I recognized and met many forms of resistance with understanding and love and a desire to move beyond it. I opened my heart, my consciousness and my being to all sorts of possiblities. I put myself in many positions where I might have 'gotten hurt' or had my heart broken. The real truth about hurt though is that it's another expression of love. It's the process of letting go, of grieving. At least that's how I percieve it.

So anyway, it feels good to be able to take a breath again and to get my feet back on the sand. I understand I've chosen to undergo this whole process of healing myself. When I chose that path, I had no idea what it would entail...or maybe I did and I'm only remembering it as it happens. The illusion of it All still amazes me and I will always be greatful for the souls who have been present for me in this process. What a gift.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"So how do you expect me to live alone with just me
'Cause my world revolves around you
It's so hard for me to breathe

Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air
Can't live, can't breathe with no air
It's how I feel whenever you ain't there
It's no air, no air
Got me out here in the water so deep
Tell me how you gonna be without me
If you ain't here, I just can't breathe
It's no air, no air"
-Glee (aka Jordan Sparks)

Reading your post I could hear the Glee cast singing this song in the background of my mind lol. I realize what you wrote is not exactly the same but it has a similar message. Whatever you understand! lol
Love you!