Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Let's Look at the Positive

My last post was about being yourself and it was in response to other people using our material.

I am currently reading Habitually Great: Mastering the Law of Right Action; a book about awareness of our beliefs and how they create habitual actions, written by a good friend of mine, Mark Weinstein. I already knew that thoughts lead to feelings lead to actions lead to results.

T -> F -> A = RESULTS

But I was missing the link, for me, between the thoughts/feelings and actions. I've been more aware of my actions lately as I haven't been quite so content with the results I'm looking at in my life right now and I realized that some of my actions weren't serving me, but I didn't know where it stemmed from. I recognized some beliefs I had that were initiating these self-sabataging actions such as eating crappy foods, not exercising, eating 1/2 of the batch of homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies over the course of a few days...ugh. The thoughts and feelings about doing those things were serving me, but my actions were so habitual it didn't matter!

So with the knowledge of people using our material I looked at all the negative implications for us and for that person. Today, after reading a chapter in that book I had a shift. We should be flattered that people like our stuff so much they want to use it themselves! So thank you for showing your love by using our material!

See the opportunity!

No comments: