Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reflective Thoughts

Do you ever feel like you're just not getting anywhere?
Or do you ever sat back and wondered what you've really accomplished?

Well I know I have! Recently too. We're so quick to pick out the flaws, the mistakes and the wrong actions we've taken, but how often do we look to what we've done right, what works for us, and what we have done that makes us great?

This past weekend I was part of an amazing team of people who helped to run the Millionaire Mind Intensive in Calgary. On the first day we were delegated to certain tasks and asked to perform them throughout the weekend. My intention for the weekend was to become more aware of my abilities within a leadership role as well as within a following role.

Since attending Ultimate Leadership Camp in September, I've had many opportunities to step into leadership roles. Some of them very successful and others not so successful. It has been a great learning curve with acceptance of the role alone.

I felt as though this weekend provided me with a great mix of leading and being led. I feel that often others see more in you than you see within yourself and therefore trust you with more responsibility. I think my biggest 'take home' with respect to leadership over the weekend was that when you have trust in your team, everything falls into place naturally. It is a gift to allow each individual to contribute in their own way and trust that it is in the highest and best interest of the entire group. When individuals are allowed their creative freedom it is amazing what can come of it.

Now, I don't know that I can remember what flawed actions I made because I was busy reflecting and celebrating the sucesses of the weekend. Katie and I sat back and really looked at what we've become over the last few months and over the weekend and we both realized how amazing we both are! We have learned so much about ourselves, the roles that come naturally and that we excell at and the contributions we are both capable of making in this world.

Facilitating positive change in this world is just one way of creating success....celebrating your success creates more success...cheers to all that works and may you learn from that which doesn't!

No comments: