Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chew 30 x Before Swallowing

Have you ever heard this? Chew your food 30x before swallowing? I remember first hearing it on Full House when Stephanie was teaching her sister to chew properly, or some such context. Food or not, somethings require a bit more chewing than others before they can be fully digested. This goes both for food and food for thought.

"I create the conscious mental equivalent for whatever my HEART causes me to desire"


This statement right here, requires some chewing! When I first read it all I picked up on was HEART and DESIRE. Then I had to do a double take because there are three other words in between those two words that I have never seen before...'Heart CAUSES ME TO desire'...

Now THIS statement, for me, is sooooo powerful because as a firm believer in following my heart and in advising MANY a people to follow their heart, I have come to learn that what I think I desire and what my heart causes me to desire can be two totally opposing things!

To be totally honest, I'm still chewing on this statement because I don't feel I've reached that aha moment of clarity with respect to how this has played out in my life. What I do know is that there have been times when my heart has held me in situations with people or in places I had no previous desire to be in. In the immediate moment, all I wanted was to say 'No Thank you, next' and walk away and yet in every instance, my heart held me there. So instead of resisting my heart, I followed it and it took me to brilliant life lessons, to moments of seeing my greatness, to experiencing my own patience and power and to reaffirming that I am alive. It has been in those moments of letting go of resistance that I have created the conscious mental equivalent to whatever my heart is causing me to desire.

There have been moments when my heart's direction has been so strong that no matter how many reasons for not wanting that I throw in front of it, I cannot move until I accept the direction I am headed and face what is there to be seen or experienced. I have realized that my heart causes me to desire the greatest things for myself and then it also causes me to desire that which may not be perfect so that I can clarify what it is I truly want and need in my life.

In writing this post I have found some clarity and I have also found some peace in the fact that it doesn't matter which path I want, my heart will always put me on the path I need and it's my job to wrap my head around it and accept what is and move forward with new clarity.

Wow....still chewing. Thank you Adam.

No comments: