Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When I Was Younger

When I was younger I was damn cute; chubby as a laughing Buddha, but I was a cute baby! Thanks to my sister posting an entire album of us growing up I had the opportunity to look back at what I was like as a kid.

Sweet as can be, mischevious as hell, a little diva with an attitude, always up for an adventure and most of all fun. In reality, not much has changed. I changed my FB profile pic to this one...

...and when ever I look at it I giggle. For one, I love looking at pictures of myself, but more than that I can see how excited I am to get to wherever I'm going! I'm climbing a fence for crying out loud, running from the crowd to something that caught my attention...again, not much has changed!

Then I look at what I'm doing right now, how great my life is and I look back at that picture and ask, "Did you ever have any idea, little girl, of the friggin' adventures you'd go on in this lifetime?!" And something tells me that I did.

And on those days when I feel like I don't want to do much because I'm not in a good mood, I look at that face and it all just sorta melts away and I remember how great it is to live life with curiousity, adventure and fun.

Life is a series of cycles, sometimes you need to ride out the tide and other times you need to play in the waves.

No comments: